Diploma in Theology
- The candidate is expected to satisfy the following criteria:
- He / she should be a born-again Christian.
- He / she should be a person of good Christian reputation.
- The candidate should be an active member of a local church.
- The candidate must obtain letters of recommendation from the local pastor / a previous institution / an elder from church who must have known the candidate not less than three years.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate a definite calling in his/her life to the Lord’s ministry.
- The minimum educational qualification is a pass in 10th standard.
- The medium of instruction is English. Hence, candidates are expected to possess at least a basic English proficiency manageable enough to read, write and speak on a basic level.
- The course curriculum includes a basic orientation in areas namely, Old Testament, New Testament, Theology & Ethics, History of Christianity, Christian Leadership, Christian Ministry, Missions, Religion & Philosophy and Languages.
- See the following table for a detailed information on the courses offered:
No. Course Code Subject Credit Hours
Department of Old Testament
1. OT101 Survey of the Old Testament 3
2. OT102 Genesis 3
3. OT105 Old Testament Prophets 3
4. OT103 People of the Covenant 3
5. OT104 Psalms 3
6. OT106 Bible Customs & Manners 3
7. OT107 Bible Geography & Archeology 3
Department of New Testament
8. NT121 Survey of the New Testament 3
9. NT122 Jesus of the Gospels 3
10. NT124 Peter & Paul in Acts 3
11. NT123 Gospel of Luke 3
12. NT125 Epistle to the Romans 3
13. NT126 Epistle to Colossians 3
14. NT127 Epistle to Ephesians 3
15. NT128 I & II Thessalonians 3
16. NT129 Epistles of James & Peter 3
17. NT130 Pastoral Epistles 3
18. NT131 Book of Revelation 3
Department of Theology & Ethics
19. TE141 Survey of Systematic Theology I 3
20. TE142 Survey of Systematic Theology II 3
21. TE143 Christian Morals & Values 3
Department of History of Christianity
22. HC161 Survey of General Church History 3
23. HC162 Survey of Indian Church History 3
Department of Religion & Philosophy
24. RP181 Outline of Major Religions 3
25. RP182 Major Secular Movements in India 3
Department of Christian Ministry
26. CM201 Spiritual Formation 3
27. CM202 Bible Study Method 3
28. CM203 Preaching & Worship 3
29. CM204 Pastoral Theology & Procedure 3
30. CM205 Educational Ministry in the Church 3
Department of Christian Leadership
31. CL221 Christian Leadership 3
32. CL222 Church Administration & Leadership 3
Department of Mission
33. MS241 Introduction to Mission & Evangelism 3
34. MS242 Biographies of Missionaries 3
35. MS243 Church Planting 3
Department of General Studies
36. GS261 English I 3
37. GS262 English II 3
38. GS263 English III 3
Average Credits for D. Th. Programme: 72 hours
Maximum Credits for D. Th. Programme: 84 hours
- As of now, scholarship is available based on eligibility.
- A minimum of 40% marks in all examinations.
- Satisfactory performances in practical ministry which includes activities in campus chapel, regular weekend ministry with local churches and one month of ministry during summer vacation each year.
- Evidence of good Christian character throughout the student’s stay on campus.
- Additionally, the student must meet all financial obligations to the Institute.
- The following is a general outline of the grading system for evaluation of academic performance:
Opportunities for Graduates
Upon graduation, the D. Th graduates are looking at the following opportunities:
- Be an evangelist
- Be a pastor / associate pastor / teaching elder at a local church
- Be a part of a para-church organisation
- A candidate to apply for B Th
Southern Asia Leadership Institute,
Veerappanur, Pichanoor P.O,
Coimbatore – 641105
Phone: 0422-2656278, 0422-2656279+918098533224