Bachelor of Theology
The Bachelor of Theology is a three-year course that aims to train the candidates in Old Testament, New Testament, Theology & Ethics, History of Christianity, Christian Leadership, Christian Ministry, Missions, Religion & Philosophy and Languages.
- He / she should be a born-again Christian.
- He / she should be a person of good Christian reputation.
- The candidate should be an active member of a local church.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate a definite calling in his/her life to the Lord’s ministry.
- 12th Pass or its Equivalent from a Recognized Board/University
- The medium of instruction is English. Hence, candidates are expected to possess at least a basic. English proficiency manageable enough to read, write and speak on a basic level.
No. Course Code Subject Credit Hours
Department of Old Testament
1. OT1001 General Survey of the Bible I 3
2. OT1002 Introduction to Pentateuch 3
3. OT1007 Prophetical Movement 3
4. OT1005 Psalms & Worship in Israel 3
Department of New Testament
5. NT1021 General Survey of the Bible II 3
6. NT1022 Life & Ministry of Jesus Christ 3
7. NT1026 Romans & Galatians 3
8. NT1024 Gospel of John 3
9. NT1025 Acts of the Apostles 3
10. NT1028 Prison Epistles 3
11. NT1032 General Epistles 3
12. NT1033 Apocalyptic Literature 3
13. NT1034 Preliminary Greek 3
Department of Theology & Ethics
14. TE1042 Systematic Theology I 3
15. TE1043 Systematic Theology II 3
16. TE1046 Biblical Ethics 3
17. TE1044 Systematic Theology III 3
18. TE1045 Systematic Theology IV 3
Department of History of Christianity
19. HC1063 History of Christianity in India 3
20. HC1061 History of Christianity I 3
21. HC1062 History of Christianity II 3
Department of Religion & Philosophy
22. RP1081 Major Religions in India 3
23. RP1082 Contemporary Indian Movements 3
Department of Christian Ministry
24. CM1102 Christian Education 3
25. CM1103 Biblical Interpretation 3
26. CM1104 Homiletics 3
27. CM1101 Basic Spirituality 3
28. CM1105 Pastoral Care and Counseling 3
29. CM1106 Christian Worship 3
Department of Christian Leadership
30. CL1121 Church Administration & Leadership 3
31. CL1122 Biblical Foundations of Leadership 3
32. CL1123 Christian Leadership & Culture 3
Department of Mission
33. MS1141 Mission and Personal Evangelism 3
34. MS1143 Principles of Church Growth 3
35. MS1144 Life & Work of Missionaries 3
Department of General Studies
36. GS1161 Study Method 3
37. GS1162 English I 3
38. GS1163 English II 3
39. Practical Ministry 3
40. Formations 3
Credits for B. Th. Programme: 120 hours
- A minimum of 40% marks in all examinations.
- Satisfactory performances in practical ministry which includes activities in campus chapel, regular weekend ministry with local churches and one month of ministry during summer vacation each year.
- Evidence of good Christian character throughout the students stay on campus.
- The students must meet all financial obligations to the Institute.
Opportunities for Graduates
Upon graduation, the B Th graduates are looking at the following opportunities:
- Be an evangelist
- Be a pastor / associate pastor / teaching elder at a local church
- Be a part of a para-church organisation
- A candidate to apply for M. Div
Dean of Academics,
Southern Asia Leadership Institute,
Veerappanur, Pichanoor P.O,
Coimbatore – 641105
Phone: 9+918098533224, +918281804325